St. Michael’s & All Angels’ was consecrated on 29th September, 1883. The church building has been added to over the years, with the bell tower in 1912, electricity in 1926 and extensions such as the balcony in the 1950s. Beautiful stained glasses windows and a church organ have also been donated over the years.
St. Michael’s has always strived to keep the buildings current and relevant. With Faith in Formation in mind, St. Michael’s is about to rejuvenate their grounds. In the future, St. Michael’s will have an outside worship space, labyrinth and prayer path.
Following two townhall meetings with the parishioners and trial use of the space during the summer it was found three trees, an arbutus and two pines form a perfect space for the altar. Keeping the space as natural as possible, a map and a sketch of the space reflecting the ideas that came out of the meetings can be seen here.
Watch for progress updates and ways to help and donate.